Master-at-arms at the Red Keep
House Baratheon of King's Landing
|Died||In 299 AC, King's Landing|
A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (appears)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
|TV series||Season 1|
A Game of Thrones
When Lady Catelyn Stark and Ser Rodrik Cassel go to King's Landing in search of the owner of the Valyrian steel dagger used by the catspaw who attempted to kill Bran Stark, Rodrik visits Aron, who as master-at-arms might recognize it, in the armory. The two knights then drink in the common room of the inn where Catelyn and Rodrik are staying.
A Clash of Kings
Aron is part of the retinue which attends Princess Myrcella Baratheon's departure for Dorne, and he and Ser Balon Swann bear King Joffrey's banners. When the riots in King's Landing break out, Tyrion Lannister sees Aron pulled from his saddle by smallfolk, who tear away the Baratheon banner. Four men use a cobblestone to crush Aron's head within his helmet. Sandor Clegane guts one of Aron's attackers, but not in time to save the master-at-arms.
A Feast for Crows
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Aron Santagar.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 1, Arya I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.