Ser Donnel Swann, heir to Stonehelm
|Alias||Ser Donnel the Constant|
Ser Donnel Swann is a knight of House Swann and the eldest son and heir of Gulian Swann, Lord of Stonehelm.
A Clash of Kings
Donnel gives his support to Renly Baratheon at the beginning of the War of the Five Kings. After Renly dies at Storm's End, he goes over to Stannis Baratheon.
Donnel fights in the Battle of the Blackwater. He becomes wounded and yields to Ser Elwood Harte. He is ransomed afterwards and bends the knee to King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Storm of Swords
During the first meeting of the new Kingsguard, Lord Commander Jaime Lannister mockingly calls Donnel "Ser Donnel the Constant" to his younger brother, Balon Swann, and suggests he add a weathervane to his shield. Jaime asks Balon how the latter will react when Donnel decides to swear fealthy to a fifth king, and Balon will have to chose between the king he has sworn to protect and his own blood, citing how he once faced the same decision.
Quotes about Donnel
Renly, Stannis, Joffrey, Tommen how did he come to omit Balon Greyjoy and Robb Stark? He might have been the first knight in the realm to swear fealty to all six kings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- Characters from the Stormlands
- House Swann
- Supporters of Renly Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Stannis Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Turncloaks in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Joffrey Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Tommen Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings