|Title||Lord of Sweetport Sound|
|Died||In 299 AC, Dragonstone|
Guncer Sunglass is the Lord of Sweetport Sound and head of House Sunglass.
Appearance and Character
Guncer wears moonstones at his throat, wrists, and fingers. He is pious in his faith in the Seven, praying three times a day.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Guncer supports Stannis Baratheon's claim to the Iron Throne as his vassal. Stannis complains about Guncer's constant muttering about the will of the Seven.
After queen's men destroy the sept at Dragonstone, Guncer approaches Stannis and tells him he can no longer support his claim. Stannis has him promptly thrown in the cells beneath Dragonstone.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Guncer is burned alive on the orders of Queen Selyse while Stannis Baratheon is fighting the Battle of the Blackwater. His brother succeeds him as head of the house.
Ser Triston of Tally Hill, who was one of Guncer's men, aids Lord Davos Seaworth with smuggling Edric Storm from Dragonstone.
Davos: I want no part of you, my lady. Or your god. May the Seven protect me.
Melisandre: They did not protect Guncer Sunglass. He prayed thrice each day, and bore seven seven-pointed stars upon his shield, but when R'hllor reached out his hand his prayers turned to screams, and he burned.—Davos Seaworth and Melisandre
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Guncer Sunglass.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 25, Davos III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 10, Davos II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 36, Davos IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 63, Davos VI.