|Coat of arms|| A black pitchfork on a gold bend sinister, on a russet field|
(Brunâtre, on a bend sinister or a pitchfork sable)
House Haigh is a noble house from the riverlands. Their arms are a black pitchfork on a golden bar sinister on russet. Their words have not appeared in the books. The Haighs are presumably a house of landed knights, as Ser Leslyn Haigh is a vassal of House Frey.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Meera Reed tells Bran Stark that during the tourney at Harrenhal, a squire serving a member of House Haigh accosted a crannogman. The knight of House Haigh was later defeated in the tourney by the Knight of the Laughing Tree and told to teach his squire honor.
While staying the night at the Twins before her brother Edmure's wedding, Catelyn Stark encounters Leslyn, Harys, and Donnel Haigh drinking in the great hall along with Lame Lothar Frey, Ser Raymund Frey, Lord Lucias Vypren, Ser Damon Vypren, and Ser Hosteen Frey.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Harys and Ser Donnel accompany their cousin Ser Arwood Frey to respond to the raid on Saltpans. The banners of House Haigh are spotted by Ser Jaime Lannister when he crosses to the Frey camp during the siege of Riverrun.
House Haigh at the end of the third century
The known Haighs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Leslyn Haigh, a knight.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 64, Arya X.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 50, Arya X.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.