A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
Horn of Winter/Theories
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Theories may be removed if ...|
There is some discussion about the true whereabouts of the true Horn of Winter.
The True Horn
- Hiding the true Horn with plenty of dragonglass would prevent the Others from finding it and using it to bring down the Wall.
- The Fist of the First Men, being (relatively) close to the Wall and a stronghold known to the Watch, is a sensible place for a former Watchman to have hidden an artifact of great power.
- The old warhorn is quite unremarkable in appearance - but there is no reason why the real horn should be anything large and extravagant. The mythical description may have been overlaid and embellished over the years.
- It's one of two horns in the books whose purpose is not yet divined.
- It does not match the mythical description of the Horn (eight feet long, etc.)
- No wights or Others paid special attention to the horn when they encountered Sam. Not even the lone Other that Sam came face to face with, whom he slew with an obsidian dagger.