From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Baelish of the Fingers|
|Coat of arms || a grey stone head with fiery eyes on a light green field.|
|Current Lord || Petyr Baelish|
|Region || the Vale|
|Overlord || House Arryn|
|Cadet Branch || House Baelish of Harrenhal|
House Baelish of the Fingers is a noble house from the Vale. The seat of House Baelish is located on the Fingers in the Vale. Their holdings lie on the smallest of the Fingers. The current lord, Petyr Baelish is only the second generation of the landed family. His grandfather had been a landless hedge knight and his father the smallest of lords.
The house began with Petyr's great-grandfather, who was born in Braavos and came to the Vale as a sellsword employed by House Corbray. His son took the head of the Titan as his sigil when he was knighted. His arms were a grey stone head with fiery eyes on a light green field.
The Baelish house at the end of the third century
The known Baelishes during the timespan described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Umfred, Lord Petyr's steward.
- Grisel, a former wetnurse to Lord Petyr, now keeper of his castle.
- Bryen, the old captain of the guards at Lord Petyr's castle.
- Kella, a servingwoman and shepherd.
- Kella's daughter, an infant.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- House Baelish is one of the houses sworn to the Eyrie.
- Petyr's grandfather had been a landless hedge knight, his father had been the smallest of lords.
- The seat of House Baelish commands no more than a few stony acres on the Fingers.
- Lord Baelish, the father of Petyr, had died several years ago.
- Ten years before the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, Petyr was brought to King's Landing by Jon Arryn. Within three years he was on the Small Council.
- Petyr offers himself as the envoy to the Reach to win their support for House Lannister.
- Petyr is named the new Lord of Harrenhal for services rendered to the crown.
- The seat of House Baelish is an unnamed, old flint tower.
- House Baelish's smallfolk consists of a village of a dozen families in huts of piled stone beside a peat bog.
- Petyr's great-grandfather was born in Braavos and came to the Vale as a sellsword employed by House Corbray. His son took the head of the Titan as his sigil when he was knighted. His arms were a grey stone head with fiery eyes on a light green field.
- Lord Petyr's mother was named Alayne.
References and Notes