From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Goodbrother of Hammerhorn|
|Coat of arms||Gules, a warhorn sable banded or.|
|Current Lord||Lord Gorold Goodbrother|
|Cadet Branch|| House Goodbrother of Downdelving|
House Goodbrother of Crow Spike Keep
House Goodbrother of Corpse Lake
House Goodbrother of Hammerhorn is a noble house from the Iron Islands. They are one of the most powerful houses from Great Wyk, the largest of the islands. Their keep of Hammerhorn is inland, in the Hardstone Hills, their wealth not coming from the sea but from their mines.
The Goodbrother of Hammerhorn House at the end of the third century
The known Goodbrothers of Hammerhorn during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Gorold Goodbrother: Lord of Hammerhorn.
- Gysella Goodbrother, his daughter
- Gwin Goodbrother, his daughter
- Ten more daughters.
- Greydon Goodbrother, his eldest son and heir. First of the Goodbrother triplets.
- Gormond Goodbrother, his second son and second of the Goodbrother triplets.
- Gran Goodbrother, his third son and third of the Goodbrother triplets.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- When Theon arrives at Pyke he sees a great number of longships, including some bearing Lord Goodbrother's banded black warhorn.
- Theon sees the main strength of Lord Goodbrother, amounting to near forty longships, gathering at Lordsport.
- Theon thinks the Goodbrother men are notorious at Pyke for their striped goat hair sashes.
- Asha Greyjoy came to Pyke from Great Wyk with Lord Goodbrother, and spent the night at Lordport's inn until she met Theon.
- When entering the great hall with his father's captains Theon sees some Goodbrothers of Great Wyk.
- Gormond Goodbrother, with the Sparr and his son Steffarion, brought to Aeron Damphair the tidings of King Balon's death.
- Aeron has a certain disdain for the Goodbrothers, because their keep is far from the sea and their wealth come from the mines beneath the earth.
- Aeron took Gormond's horse after receiving the news of Balon's death, even though Steffarion Sparr offered his instead.
- The seat of House Goodbrother, Hammerhorn, sits in the Hardstone Hills.
- House Goodbrother has at least three cadet branches on Great Wyk, the Goodbrothers of Downdelving, the Goodbrothers of Corpse Lake and the Goodbrothers of Crow Spike Keep.
- Some Goodbrothers from Great Wyk gathered at the kingsmoot to wish Victarion Greyjoy well.
- Two of Gorold's sons got into a fight at the kingsmoot.
- Aeron Greyjoy spotted the banners of House Goodbrother among those gathered for the kingsmoot on Old Wyk.
- Listed as a supporter of Victarion, after Euron Greyjoy's speech, he is spotted by Aeron chanting Euron's name.
- Gorold was spotted by Victarion talking with Dunstan Drumm and Rodrik Harlaw in the castle yard at Lord Hewett's Town.
References and Notes