From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Mallister of Seagard|
|Coat of arms||Purpure, an eagle displayed argent|
|Words||Above the Rest|
|Current Lord||Jason Mallister|
|Title||Lord of Seagard|
|Overlord||House Baelish of Harrenhal|
House Mallister of Seagard is one of the most prominent noble houses from the riverlands. Seagard is a fortress built to defend the coast against the reavers from the Iron Islands, and dates from before the War of Conquest. The Mallisters distrust the ironborn.
Jeffory Mallister was one of the companions of Brandon Stark that were accused of treason and executed by order of King Aerys II Targaryen. During Robert's Rebellion which followed, Lord Jason attended the wedding between Catelyn Tully and Eddard Stark; his gifts were lavish. At the Battle of the Trident, he slew three lords sworn to Dragonstone.
During Greyjoy's Rebellion, Lord Jason slew Rodrik Greyjoy beneath the walls of Seagard. He took part in the tourney at Lannisport following the rebellion, but he was defeated by the eventual victor, Lord Jorah Mormont.
A Game of Thrones
The Mallisters join the northern host when Robb Stark rides south from the Twins. Lord Jason is named among the nobles the newly-crowned King Joffrey I Baratheon insists must do him fealty or be named traitors. Jason's son, Patrek Mallister, is one of the thirty young sons of lords that ride with Robb in the Battle of the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. Meanwhile, Jason holds a subordinate command and captures Ser Gawen Westerling.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Lord Jason is among the seven nobles who launch the funeral boat of Lord Hoster Tully at Riverrun. At Hag's Mire, Jason brings the captain of the Myraham, who breaks the news to the gathered northern and river lords that Balon Greyjoy is dead and Euron Greyjoy has claimed the Seastone Chair. Lord Mallister reports that his fleet at Seagard consists of half a dozen longships and two war galleys. Robb orders him to send two of his warships into the Neck (one carrying Galbart Glover, the other Maege Mormont) to find Greywater Watch. Patrek, one of Robb Stark's guards, is captured during the Red Wedding.
A Feast for Crows
Black Walder Frey threatens to hang Patrek unless Lord Jason surrenders Seagard. Jason bends the knee.
House Mallister at the end of the third century
The known Mallisters during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Jason Mallister, Lord of Seagard. A mature man, yet still strong and handsome.
- Patrek Mallister, his son, a young man. Heir to Seagard.
- Ser Denys Mallister, his uncle. A member of the Night's Watch and commander of the Shadow Tower.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
Wendel Frey, a page.
- Lord Petyr Mallister, who led a rebellion against House Durrandon during the latter's rule of the riverlands.
- Ser Desmond Mallister, a friend of Lord Loron Greyjoy.
- Lord Lymond Mallister, who fought in a tourney at Maidenpool at the accession of Viserys I Targaryen.
- Ser Joseth Mallister, a knight during the reign of Daeron II Targaryen, participant in the tourney at Ashford Meadow.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Driftwood Crowns.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The World of Ice and Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Conquest.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, House Baratheon.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Old Way and the New.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn.