From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Mallister of Seagard|
|Coat of arms||Purpure, an eagle displayed argent|
|Words||Above the Rest|
|Current Lord||Jason Mallister|
|Title||Lord of Seagard|
House Mallister of Seagard is one of the most prominent noble houses from the Riverlands. Seagard is a fortress built to defend the coast against the reavers from the Iron Islands, and dates from before the War of Conquest. The Mallisters distrust the ironborn.
House Mallister at the end of the third century
The known Mallisters during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Jason Mallister, Lord of Seagard. A mature man, yet still strong and handsome.
- Patrek Mallister, his son, a young man. Heir to Seagard.
- Ser Denys Mallister, his uncle. A member of the Night's Watch and commander of the Shadow Tower.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
Wendel Frey, a page.
References in the books
Dunk and Egg
- Ser Joseth Mallister jousted in the Tourney of Ashford. He was left unconscious in one of the first tilts.
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Prince Rhaegar Targaryen unhorsed Lord Jason in a tourney at Storm's End.
- Jeffory Mallister was one of the companions of Brandon Stark that were accused of treason and executed by order of Aerys II.
- During Robert's Rebellion, Lord Jason attended the wedding between Catelyn Tully and Eddard Stark; his gifts were lavish.
- At the Battle of the Trident, Lord Jason slew three lords sworn to Dragonstone.
- During the Greyjoy Rebellion, Lord Jason slew Rodrik Greyjoy beneath the walls of Seagard.
- Lord Jason took part in the Tourney at Lannisport following the Greyjoy Rebellion, where he was defeated by the eventual victor, Lord Jorah Mormont.
- Lord Jason is seen by Catelyn Stark on the road while he is going to the Tourney of the Hand. Once there, he unhorsed Ser Aron Santagar.
- The Mallisters join the Northern host when Robb rides south from the Twins.
- Patrek Mallister is one of the thirty young sons of lords that ride with Robb Stark in the Battle of the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. Meanwhile, Lord Jason holds a subordinate command and captures Ser Gawen Westerling.
- Lord Jason and Patrek accompany Theon Greyjoy on their way back to Seagard.
- Lord Jason commanded the defense of four fords during the Battle of the Fords, repulsing all comers.
- Lord Jason was among the seven nobles who launched the funeral boat of Lord Hoster Tully.
- Lord Jason brought the captain of the Myraham who broke the news to the gathered Northern and river lords that Balon Greyjoy was dead and Euron Greyjoy had claimed the Seastone Chair.
- Lord Jason Mallister reports that his fleet at Seagard consists of half a dozen longships and two war galleys. Robb orders him to send two of his warships into the Neck (one carrying Galbart Glover, the other Maege Mormont) to find Greywater Watch.
- Ser Denys Mallister was considered a leading contender to become Lord Commander of the Night's Watch after the death of Lord Commander Jeor Mormont. He stepped aside so that Jon Snow could win.
- Patrek was one of Robb Stark`s guards during the Red Wedding; he was captured.
- After the Red Wedding, Black Walder Frey threatened to hang Patrek unless Lord Jason surrendered Seagard. Jason bent the knee.
- Even though they had renewed their fealty to the Iron Throne, House Mallister's banners were noticeably absent from the Riverland force besieging Riverrun, according to Ser Jaime Lannister.
References and Notes