From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Tawney of Orkmont|
|Coat of arms||
A scourge of nettles, red and black, on white|
(Argent, a scourge sable lashed with nettles gules)
|Head||Lord Balon Tawney|
House Tawney of Orkmont is a noble house from the Iron Islands, one of the strongest sworn to Pyke. Their lands are found on the island of Orkmont.
According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms as a scourge of nettles, red and black, on white.
A Feast for Crows
Some Tawneys gather to wish Victarion Greyjoy well on Old Wyk. Little Lenwood Tawney is one of Victarion's captains and supporters during the kingsmoot. He is seen playing the fiddle in Victarion's tents.
House Tawney at the end of the third century
The known Tawneys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Balon Tawney, the head of the house.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there is also:
- Little Lenwood Tawney, a ship captain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses on the Iron Islands
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.