|House Jordayne of the Tor|
|Coat of arms|| A golden quill on checkered dark and light green|
(Chequy vert and vert of a paler variety, a quill or)
|Words||Let it be Written|
|Current Lord||Lord Trebor Jordayne|
|Title||Lord of the Tor|
House Jordayne was one of the Andal houses who came to Dorne during the Andal invasion of Westeros, along with House Uller, House Qorgyle, House Vaith, House Allyrion, House Santagar, and House Martell.
At some point, House Martell bent the knee to the Jordayne kings of the Tor. But by the time of Nymeria's War, House Jordayne was among the bannermen of King Yorick Yronwood, and fought against Mors Martell and his allies.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
House Jordayne at the end of the third century
The known Jordaynes during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Behind the Scenes
George R. R. Martin has confirmed that the house is a homage to Robert Jordan. The lord is called "Trebor" which is "Robert" backwards. "Jordayne" is similar to "Jordan" and "Tor" is Jordan's publisher.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from Dorne
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Andals Arrive.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 38, The Watcher.