The King's Gate is one of the seven huge gates that surround the huge walls of King's Landing. It is by the southern corner of the southwest wall, connecting the western end of the River Row to the tourney grounds outside the city's wall by the Blackwater Rush. There is a sally port in it, and a stable near it.
In the reign of Maegor I Targaryen, Maegor had his own wife and queen, Alys Harroway, tortured to death and executed. Following her death, Alys's body was cut into seven parts and mounted on spikes above each of the seven gates of the city, one of which was above the King's Gate.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 59, Tyrion XIII.
- Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 11, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.