A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
A regent is in charge of ruling a realm when a king or lord is underage or incapable of ruling due to injury or illness. The regent's service ends on the the ruler 's sixteenth name day or when the ruler recovers from his injury. Royal regents have also taken the title "Protector of the Realm", a title usually reserved for the king.
Prince Aemond Targaryen became Prince Regent after his brother, King Aegon II Targaryen, was severely wounded and incapacitated for a year after the battle at Rook's Rest during the Dance of the Dragons. The mother of young Lord Lyonel Tyrell was regent for the Reach at the start of the civil war.
A Game of Thrones
In the will of King Robert I Baratheon, Lord Eddard Stark is named Lord Regent to Joffrey I Baratheon, but his regency never transpires. Robert's widow, Cersei Lannister, declares herself Queen Regent to Joffrey after Eddard is arrested.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
Cersei continues serving as Queen Regent for the new king, Tommen I Baratheon, after the deaths of Joffrey and Tywin and the flight from the capital by Tyrion. Ser Kevan Lannister rejects the office of Hand of the King when Cersei refuses to make him Regent.
A Dance with Dragons
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Oldtown.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: House Tyrell.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister under the Dragons.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 47, Eddard XIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 3, Tyrion I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 3, Cersei I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.