||This article or section is a stub. You can help "A Wiki Of Ice And Fire" by expanding it and/or improving existing text.|
Lord admiral is a title in the monarchy of the Seven Kingdoms. Throughout the reign of House Targaryen, it was employed concurrently with the title of master of ships.
Lord Aethan Velaryon was both master of ships and lord admiral to kings Aegon I Targaryen and Aenys I Targaryen. His son, Lord Daemon Velaryon, was also named to the post in the reigns of kings Maegor I and Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
A Dance with Dragons
Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of Meereen, names the Pentoshi Captain Groleo as her lord admiral, but he has no ships as the Meereenese fleet sailed for Yunkai. Groleo is later executed while a hostage of the Yunkai'i.
After assuming the regency, Ser Kevan Lannister restores Lord Paxter Redwyne to the post of master of ships and also names him as both lord admiral and grand admiral.
Known lords admiral
- ↑ asoiaf.westeros.org: (Spoilers) Sons of the Dragon Reading at LonCon Today (August 16, 2014)
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.