Lord of Darry
Lord of Darry and Lady of Darry are titles held by the ruler of Castle Darry in the riverlands.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Raymun Darry hosts King Robert I Baratheon at Darry. Raymun is not formally mentioned as "Lord of Darry", but Lord Eddard Stark thinks of him as the castle's lord.
Raymun is killed by Ser Gregor Clegane in the battle at the Mummer's Ford. His son, Lyman Darry, is among the nobles assembled at Riverrun.
A Clash of Kings
The child lord Lyman is killed by Gregor in the sack of Darry.
After the Battle of the Blackwater, Darry is granted to Ser Lancel Lannister.
A Storm of Swords
When the brotherhood without banners lists victims of House Lannister in the riverlands, Tom of Sevenstreams mentions "Ser Raymun Darry, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry." It is unclear if "Lord Darry" is referring to Raymun, or if his father had been killed recently in the War of the Five Kings. If the latter, Ryman's father must have died sometime at the beginning of 299 AC and then have been succeeded by Lyman for a short time.
A Feast for Crows
Lancel renounces Darry to join the Warrior's Sons.
Known Lords and Ladies of Darry
- Unnamed Lord Darry, during the time of Vorian Vypren.
- Unnamed Lord Darry, during the reign of Humfrey I Teague who died at the Battle of Six Kings.
- Lord Darnold Darry, head of the House during the reign of King Maegor I Targaryen.
- Unnamed Lord Darry, one of the blacks during the Dance of the Dragons. He died on the battlements of Darry burned by Vhagar.
- Lord Derrick Darry, one of the blacks during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Roland Darry, one of the blacks during the Dance.
- Unnamed Lord Darry, during the First Blackfyre Rebellion who cut down the black dragon sign at the inn at the crossroads.
- Lord Deremond was presumably a Darry. There is a song about his exploits at the Bloody Meadow. Some of its verses are: "And there he stood with sword in hand, the last of Darry's ten...".
- Unnamed Lord Darry. Brynden Tully and Norbert Vance were his squires in their youth.
- Unnamed Lord Darry, Mariya and Jeyne Darry's grandfather.
- Unnamed Lord Darry, Mariya and Jeyne's father.
- Raymun Darry, the head of House Darry at the start of the series.
- Lyman Darry, Raymun's son and heir.
- Lancel Lannister, founder of House Lannister of Darry. He later renounces his lordship and joins the Warrior's Sons.
- Amerei Frey, Lancel's former wife and daughter of Mariya, the current Lady of Darry.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 16, Eddard III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 37, Brienne VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Epilogue.