Lord treasurer is the title held by certain officials of the Free Cities and the Seven Kingdoms in charge of finances, such as some masters of coin.
Lord Edwell Celtigar was named master of coin and lord treasurer by Lord Rogar Baratheon, Hand of the King during the regency of Queen Alyssa Velaryon for King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
The Pentoshi Rego Draz was named master of coin and lord treasurer by King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
Lord Lyman Beesbury, master of coin for both Jaehaerys I and Viserys I, also held the title of lord treasurer.
A Feast for Crows
Lady Alyse Ladybright serves as the lord treasurer at Sunspear. Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne, leaves Alyse in charge of the accounts and finances of Sunspear when he travels to the Water Gardens.
Cersei Lannister, the Queen Regent for King Tommen I Baratheon, renames the office of master of coin as "lord treasurer" in the style of the Free Cities, and she grants the post to Lord Gyles Rosby. Gyles serves until his death and is then replaced by Ser Harys Swyft, who until that point had served as Tommen's Hand of the King.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Mace Tyrell, the new Hand of the King, wants to replace Harys with his uncle Garth Tyrell, the Lord Seneschal of Highgarden.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.