From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
How the hell do I make it collapse for lower res?!
Barristan Selmy, also known as Barristan the Bold, is a celebrated hero in Westeros and a veteran knight of the Kingsguard. Barristan was the heir of Lyonel Selmy. As a boy of ten, he donned the armor of a mystery knight during a tourney, where Prince Duncan the Small took pity on him when others present laughed at the small boy. Barristan lost his first tilt, but Duncan named him "the Bold" upon discovering his opponent had been a ten-year-old boy.
Barristan was knighted at the age of 16 by King Aegon V Targaryen, and joined the Kingsguard at the age of 23, after slaying Maelys the Monstrous during the War of the Ninepenny Kings during the reign of Jaehaerys II. Barristan continued to serve during the reign of Aerys II, whom he rescued from captivity during the Defiance of Duskendale. Barristan also fought in the War of the Usurper, where he became wounded on the Trident. Pardoned by the new king, Robert I Baratheon, Barristan continues to serve the Iron Throne as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
A renowned tourney knight, Barristan is one of the most respected knights in the Seven Kingdoms. Though an old man, Barristan still rides forth into battle. Considering his Kingsguard vows to be important, Barristan has felt nothing but contempt for Jaime Lannister since the Sack of King's Landing.
Did you know...
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 4, Bran I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- ↑ The Citadel: What happened to the five-year gap that was supposed to follow ASoS?
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon IV.
About the Wiki
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.