From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
How the hell do I make it collapse for lower res?!
The Wall is a massive wall of ice, stretching 300 miles long and 700 feet high, crossing the northern peninsula of Westeros. It protects the Seven Kingdoms from dangers that lie beyond. It was built by Bran the Builder, a legendary King of Winter who is also said to have built Winterfell and helped design Storm's End.
The Wall is said to have been built 8,000 years ago by giants and the first members of the Night's Watch after the Long Night. The Wall is protected by the Night's Watch and, according to some, ancient spells and sorcery. Supposedly, Brandon the Builder had placed his foundations along the heights wherever possible. The Wall was much smaller at the time, having been built upon by the Night's Watch builders, who quarried huge blocks of ice from frozen lakes in the haunted forest and dragged them south to make the Wall higher, raising it over the centuries to its present size. However, the severely-reduced Night's Watch at the present time is limited to maintenance duty. A total of nineteen fortresses have been built along the Wall though only three, the Shadow Tower, Castle Black, and Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, are occupied during the current events. Read more...
- "You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night." – Tywin Lannister 
- "The things I do for love." – Jaime Lannister 
- "A bag of dragons buys a man's silence for a while, but a well-placed quarrel buys it forever." – Petyr Baelish 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 61, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 36, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 46, Daenerys V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 61, Daenerys VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 35, Samwell IV.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Appendix: Targaryen Lineage.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maekar I.
About the Wiki
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.