This project is a part of westeros.org which provides the web space and technical support.
There are currently 8,886 articles.
Sister wikis in other languages
|La Garde de Nuit
|La Barriera Wiki
|Gelo e Fogo Wiki
|Энциклопедия Песни Льда и Пламени
|Hielo y Fuego Wiki
|Game of Thrones fansite
|Game Of Thrones Viki
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.
- Check out the Community portal, see what we are working on or how can you help out or give feedback.
- If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, you can ask at the A Forum of Ice and Fire Wiki Topic, which discusses various topics related to the wiki.
- Make sure to sign up at A Forum of Ice and Fire.
The First Blackfyre Rebellion, originally known simply as the Blackfyre Rebellion, was a war fought between the loyalist forces of King Daeron II Targaryen and the rebel forces of his bastard-born half-brother, Daemon I Blackfyre, who sought to claim the Iron Throne.
The reign of Daeron II's father, King Aegon IV Targaryen, had been a corrupt one. Aegon and Daeron often found themselves at different ends of an argument, and eventually rumors were spread by Aegon himself that Daeron had been fathered by Prince Aemon "the Dragonknight", suggesting that Daeron was a bastard. Regardless, Daeron was never disinherited by his father. At the same time, Aegon showed favor to one of his bastard children: a boy named Daemon Waters, fathered upon his cousin Daena Targaryen. Aegon IV gave the Valyrian steel sword Blackfyre to the twelve year old Daemon and openly acknowledged him. There were some who believed that the sword, which had been passed on from king to king since Aegon the Conqueror, symbolized the monarchy, and so the public gift of the sword eventually started to whispers that Daemon should be king instead of Daeron II.
Further disagreement in the realm arose because of the increased influence the Dornish had at the court of Daeron II. Daeron's queen was Princess Myriah Martell of Dorne, and Daeron himself had brought Dorne into the realm by marrying his sister Daenerys to Myriah's brother Maron the Prince of Dorne. Some lords, however, longed back to the days when the Dornish had been their enemies on the battlefield, and not their enemies at court. All in all, lords who found any cause to disagree with Daeron's rule began to gather around the bastard-born Daemon, who had taken his the surname "Blackfyre" from his Valyrian steel sword.
- “Why shouldn’t we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we married, and the dragons are all dead! There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m’lords. The King in the North!” —Greatjon Umber
- “Don’t kill him here!” —Masha Heddle, regarding Tyrion
“Don’t kill him anywhere.” —Tyrion Lannister, regarding himself
- “So I will only ask you once, Lord Snow. Are you a brother of the Night’s Watch, or a bastard boy who wants to play at war?” —Lord Commander Mormont
Did you know...
- ... that Dorne officially joined the Seven Kingdoms in 187 AC?
- ... that Tyrion Lannister is the character with the most chapters from his point of view? Counting the released sample chapters from The Winds of Winter, Tyrion currently has forty-nine chapters.
- … that Renly Baratheon and Loras Tyrell were lovers?
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 31, Tyrion IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Daeron II.
- Date for Maron Martell's and Daenerys' Martell's wedding
- A Wiki of Ice and Fire: POV Statistics
- So Spake Martin: Union Square Signing (July 14, 2011)
- So Spake Martin: To Be Continued (Chicago, IL; May 6-8) (May 06, 2005)