From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Mooton of Maidenpool|
|Coat of arms || A red salmon on white, a gold tressure|
|Words || Wisdom and Strength|
|Seat || Maidenpool|
|Current Lord || William Mooton|
|Region || Riverlands|
|Title || Lord of Maidenpool|
|Overlord || House Tully|
House Mooton of Maidenpool is a noble house from the Riverlands. Their seat of Maidenpool is one of the main ports and trade centers of the Bay of Crabs. According to legend, this was the location where Florian the Fool saw Jonquil for the first time while she was bathing with her sisters.
For many years the Mootons were among the most influential of the riverlords. However, the wealth of the family and the town has been significantly reduced since House Mooton chose to side with the Targaryens (their kings) against the Tullys (their liege lords) during Robert's Rebellion.
Their blazon is a red salmon on white, over a white field with a golden tressure.
 According to semi-canon sources their motto is «Wisdom and strength».
The Mooton House at the end of the third century
The known Mootons during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
References in the books
Dunk & Egg
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Ser Myles Mooton, who had been Rhaegar's squire, was slain by Robert Baratheon at the Battle of the Bells.
- Lord Mooton and his sons tried to hunt a huge she-wolf that had attacked some smallfolk. However, they had to flee and lost all their hounds.
- During the War of the Five Kings, Maidenpool was sacked.
- In the aftermath of the War of the Five Kings, Randyll Tarly took Maidenpool and locked Lord Mooton in a tower cell.
- Tommen I signed a pardon for Lord Mooton and welcomed him back into the king's peace.
- During the War of the Five Kings, Lord Mooton sat behind his walls while he sent men off to fight and watched Maidenpool burn.
- Dickon Tarly is betrothed to Lord Mooton's daughter.
- Brienne of Tarth spotted several broken men who were hanged bearing the the badge of House Mooton.
References and Notes