|Coat of arms|| Three purple roundels, on a gold field|
(Or, three golpes)
|Words||Come Try Me|
|Current Lord||Philip Plumm|
House Plumm is a noble house of the westerlands. Neither their arms or their motto appear in the books. According to semi-canon sources, they blazon their arms as three purple rondels on gold. Their words are "Come Try Me".
The aged Lord Ossifer Plumm married Princess Elaena Targaryen in 176 AC, during the reign of King Aegon IV Targaryen. He is said to have died during the bedding, after conceiving a son. However, rumors suggest that Lord Ossifer had died before being able to consummate the marriage, and that the child instead had been fathered by King Aegon himself, leading to the saying that Ossifer had had a "cock six foot long".
Regardless of the true paternity of the child, Elaena's son, Viserys Plumm, inherited Ossifer's lands and titles. Viserys ruled throughout the reign of King Daeron II Targaryen, and still ruled during the early years of the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen, at least.
Ser Maynard Plumm was among the hedge knights gathered by a lake on their way to Lord Ambrose Butterwell's wedding festivities in 211 AC. Maynard assisted Ser Duncan the Tall during the Whitewalls tourney, but he went mysteriously missing when the Second Blackfyre Rebellion was quashed.
A Storm of Swords
Brown Ben Plumm is chosen commander of the Second Sons after the death of the Titan's Bastard. He has a mixed heritage, with, among others, a half-Ibbenese and half-Qohorik grandmother and a distant Targaryen ancestor. He claims his ancestor Ossifer Plumm was a lord with a six-foot-long penis.
A Feast for Crows
Ossifer is mentioned by Queen Cersei Lannister to illustrate for Jaime that any child of Margaery Tyrell could be recognized as King Tommen I Baratheon's, even if it was physically impossible for him to impregnate the woman.
Harwyn Hardstone is named the commander of the garrison at Darry Castle. He is away hunting outlaws when Jaime visits the castle. He is possibly involved romantically with Lord Lancel Lannister's wife, "Gatehouse Ami" Frey.
House Plumm at the end of the third century
The known Plumms during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Philip Plumm, Lord Plumm
Distant familiar relations to the main branch include:
- Ossifer Plumm, a lord who lived during one of the Aegons' reigns and married a Targaryen princess.
- Lord Viserys Plumm, head of House Plumm during the reign of Aerys I.
- Ser Maynard Plumm, an attendee of the Whitewalls tourney during the reign of Aerys I.
References and Notes
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Baelor I.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 57, Daenerys V.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.