- See also: Images of the Seastone Chair
The Seastone Chair is made of a block of oily black stone carved into the shape of a kraken. Legend says it was found on the shores of Old Wyk by First Men when they came to the Iron Islands. Archmaester Haereg pondered that the chair was created by a people who inhabited the isles before the First Men, and Maester Kirth speculated in Songs the Drowned Men Sing that the chair was left by a people from across the Sunset Sea. Noting similarities between the Seastone Chair and the base of the Hightower, Maester Theron suggested in Strange Stone that they were the work of so-called Deep Ones.
The Seastone Chair is now located on a dais in the Great Hall of the Great Keep of Pyke, the seat of Lord Balon Greyjoy. His younger brother Aeron Damphair, a priest of the Drowned God, claims that only a pious ironman can sit the throne, not an ungodly man or a woman.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
- "Egred" to Theon Greyjoy
- Aeron Greyjoy to his drowned men
- Aeron Greyjoy and Euron Greyjoy
– Aeron Greyjoy
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 56, The Iron Suitor.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Dawn Age.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Oldtown.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Old Way and the New.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.