The Silence is red, lean and fearsome. It has a single mast, black sails, and dark red hull. Its decks are painted red to better hide the blood that soaked them. On the prow is a mouthless maiden of black iron with long legs, slender waist, high breasts and mother-of-pearl eyes. The Silence is crewed by mutes and mongrels from throughout the known world.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
The captain of the Myraham reports that Euron sailed the Silence into Lordsport soon after King Balon Greyjoy died. According to a semi-canon source, the Silence had earlier intercepted a galleas containing four warlocks of Qarth who were seeking Daenerys Targaryen, and Euron claimed their dragon horn.
A Feast for Crows
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Aeron Greyjoy was captured after the kingsmoot by Euron's mutes and chained up in the hold of the Silence. Several weeks later, Euron has Aeron and Falia Flowers bound to the prow of the Silence before the ironborn engage the ships of House Hightower and House Redwyne in battle.
|“||Even at anchor Silence looked both cruel and fast.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Euron Greyjoy.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Qarth.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, The Forsaken