From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Smallwood of Acorn Hall|
|Coat of arms||Yellow, six brown acorns proper, three, two and one|
|Words||From These Beginnings|
|Current Lord||Theomar Smallwood|
|Overlord||House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest|
House Smallwood of Acorn Hall is a noble house from the Riverlands. Their sigil is six brown acorns, 3-2-1, on yellow. According to semi-canon sources their motto is "From These Beginnings." They are sworn to House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest. The lands of House Smallwood are near those that belonged to House Goodbrook.
The Smallwood House at the end of the third century
The known Smallwoods during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Theomar Smallwood, Lord of Acorn Hall.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- Myles Smallwood, a former Hand of the King. He was renowned for his courage, but is considered a disaster as Hand.
References in the books
Dunk & Egg
- During the Blackfyre Rebellion, the Smallwoods supported the Targaryens. A knight of House Smallwood killed Addam Osgrey at the Battle of the Redgrass Field.
- Lord Smallwood traveled to Whitewalls to take part in the Whitewalls Tourney.
- Lord Smallwood's nephew broke his wrist during the Whitewalls Tourney.
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Thoren commands the rangers of the Night's Watch after Ser Jaremy Rykker's death.
- Thoren is part of the force that left Castle Black in search of wildlings.
- At the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, Lady Ravella sent her daughter to her great-aunt at a motherhouse in Oldtown.
- During the wight attack on the Fist of the First Men, Thoren is killed by a wight bear.
- Lord Theomar was off fighting with his liege lord Karyl Vance when the Brotherhood Without Banners stayed at Acorn Hall.
- A tent bearing the arms of House Smallwood was spotted by Arya Stark at the Twins during the Red Wedding.
- Ser Jaime Lannister spotted the banner of House Smallwood among those of the Riverlords who had bent the knee and now aided House Lannister in the Siege of Riverrun.
References and Notes