|House Smallwood of Acorn Hall|
|Coat of arms||
Six brown acorns, 3, 2, 1, on a yellow field|
(Or, six acorns 3-2-1 brunâtre)
|Words||From These Beginnings|
|Current Lord||Theomar Smallwood|
|Title||Lord of Acorn Hall|
|Overlord||House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest|
House Smallwood of Acorn Hall is a noble house from Acorn Hall in the riverlands. Their sigil is six brown acorns on yellow. According to semi-canon sources their motto is "From These Beginnings." The Smallwoods are sworn to House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest.
Lord Smallwood, who was acquainted with Ser Kyle the Cat, traveled to Whitewalls to take part in the Whitewalls tourney. His nephew broke his wrist during the tourney. Daemon II Blackfyre issued commands to Lord Smallwood during the tourney, suggesting he was aware of the Second Blackfyre Rebellion.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Lord Theomar Smallwood is off fighting with his liege lord, Karyl Vance, when the brotherhood without banners stays at Acorn Hall. Lady Ravella Smallwood tells Arya Stark she sent her daughter Carellen to her great-aunt at a motherhouse in Oldtown at the start of the War of the Five Kings.
A Feast for Crows
House Smallwood at the end of the third century
The known Smallwoods during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Theomar Smallwood, Lord of Acorn Hall.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- The Sworn Sword.
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 18, Samwell I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 50, Arya X.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.