From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Strong of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms||White, three pallets azure, gules and vert|
|Died out||131 AC|
House Strong of Harrenhal was a noble house in the Riverlands. Their seat was Harrenhal. Like the other families who have been in possession of Harrenhal, their family died out. According to semi-canon sources they blazoned their arms with a tripartite pale blue, red, and green on white.
- See also Harrenhal
House Strong came into possession of Harrenhal after House Towers had died out. They held possession over Harrenhal until 131 AC, when Lord Larys Strong, the last of his line, was executed. After the house became extinct, possession of Harrenhall went to House Lothston.
During the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, Ser Lucamore Strong was elevated to the Kingsguard. He was however caught breaking his vows after fathering sixteen children. He was gelded and sent to join the Night's Watch. There is a song about Lucamore.
During the Dance of the Dragons, the House's wealth was "not-inconsiderable" according to Archmaester Gyldayn. Lord Larys "Clubfoot" sat on the green council while his castellan and kinsman Ser Simon held Harrenhal against the blacks. That the House supported the green cause may mean that Rhaenyra Targaryen's sons were indeed not those of Harwin Strong, or at least that their affair ended badly.
Larys was one of the conspirators behind the poisoning of Aegon II after he refused to surrender to the Riverlands army that had defeated Borros Baratheon, who led the last "green" army defending the capital from the blacks. During the Hour of the Wolf, Larys was arrested for betraying his king chose death over the Wall. Thus, he was executed by Lord Cregan Stark, Hand of the King for the newly crowned Aegon III, thus ending the main branch of House Strong.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
House Strong at the end of third century
The known Strongs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Duncan Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
- Denys Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
- Ser Robert Strong, a member of the Kingsguard under Tommen I.
- Ser Osmund Strong, was a Hand of the King for Aegon I Targaryen.
- Ser Lucamore Strong, known as Lucamore the Lusty, a brother of the Kingsguard gelded and sent to the Wall by his sworn brothers for fathering sixteen children on three women.
- Lord Lyonel Strong, Lord of Harrenhal and the Master of Laws and Hand of the King during the reign of Viserys I Targaryen. Died at Harrenhal in a mysterious fire.
- Ser Harwin Strong, Breakbones, was the rumored paramour of Rhaenyra Targaryen and the supposed father to her three sons, Jace, Luke, and Joffrey Velaryon. Said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms in his day. Died at Harrenhal in a mysterious fire.
- Lord Larys Strong, known as Larys Clubfoot, Lord of Harrenhal and the Master of Whisperers during the reign of Viserys I Targaryen.
- Two unnamed daughters.
- Ser Simon Strong, the elderly castellan of Harrenhal during the Dance of the Dragons. He quickly surrendered to Prince Daemon Targaryen at the sight of his dragon, Caraxes. Simon and his grandsons were then held as hostages.
Familytree during the Dance of the Dragons
References and Notes