From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Strong of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms||White, three pallets azure, gules and vert|
|Died out||Before 196AC|
House Strong of Harrenhal was a noble house in the Riverlands. Their seat was Harrenhal. Like the other families who have been in possession of Harrenhal, their family died out. According to semi-canon sources they blazoned their arms with a tripartite pale blue, red, and green on white.
- See also Harrenhal
Harrenhal has been in the possession of a number of noble families. The first after Aegon's Landing were House Qoherys, the last House Whent. In the books there is no order stated, only that the Lothstons and the Whents were the last two. House Strong then must have been in the possession of Harrenhal between 1AC and 196AC.
Ser Lucamore Strong was a member of the Kingsguard during the reign of Jaehaerys I. He was caught breaking his vows after fathering sixteen children. He was gelded and sent to join the Night's Watch. There is a song about Lucamore.
During the Dance of the Dragons, the House's wealth was "not-inconsiderable" according to Archmaester Gyldayn. Lord Larys "Clubfoot" sat on the green council while his castellan and kinsman Ser Simon held Harrenhal against the blacks. That the House supported the green cause may mean that Rhaenyra Targaryen's sons were indeed not those of Harwin Strong, or at least that their affair ended badly.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
House Strong at the end of third century
The known Strongs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Duncan Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
- Denys Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there is also:
- Ser Lucamore Strong, known as "Lucamore the Lusty", a brother of the Kingsguard gelded and sent to the Wall by his sworn brothers for fathering sixteen children on three women.
- Lord Lyonel Strong, Lord of Harrenhal and the Master of Laws and Hand of the King during the reign of Viserys I. Died at Harrenhal in a mysterious fire.
- Ser Harwin "Breakbones" Strong was the rumored paramour of Rhaenyra Targaryen and father to her three sons, Jace, Luke, and Joffrey Velaryon. Said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms in his day. Died at Harrenhal in a mysterious fire.
- Lord Larys Strong, known as Larys Clubfoot, Lord of Harrenhal and the Master of Whisperers during the reign of Viserys I.
- Two unnamed daughters.
- Ser Simon Strong was the elderly castellan of Harrenhal during the Dance of the Dragons. He quickly surrendered to Prince Daemon at the sight of his dragon, Caraxes. Simon and his grandsons were then held as hostages.
Familytree during the Dance of the Dragons
References and Notes
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 22, Arya.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 44, Jaime.
- ↑ The Sworn Sword, At the time of the Blackfyre Rebellion (196AC), Harrenhal was the seat of House Lothston.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 The Rogue Prince.