Sword of the Morning
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
(Redirected from Swords of the Morning)
The Sword of the Morning is a title of House Dayne bestowed on the knight who bears the ancestral greatsword Dawn. Only a knight of House Dayne who is deemed worthy can carry it. For this reason, the Swords of the Morning are all famous throughout the Seven Kingdoms. If there is no Dayne knight considered worthy, the title lies dormant. The last to bear the title was Ser Arthur Dayne, a famed knight of the Kingsguard.
Former Swords of the Morning
- Ser Davos Dayne, husband of Princess Nymeria.
- Ser Ulrick Dayne, who was considered one of the greatest knights of his time.
- Ser Arthur Dayne, the last Dayne to bear the title Sword of the Morning. A Kingsguard of great renown.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: US Signing Tour (Albuquerque, NM) (November 29, 2005)
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Andals Arrive.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 21, Bran III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.