Taena of Myr
Illustration by Elia Fernandez©
|Alias|| Taena Merryweather|
|Born||In 276 AC (roughly)|
|Spouse||Lord Orton Merryweather|
|Book(s)|| A Storm of Swords (Appears)|
A Feast for Crows (Appears)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
- See also: Images of Taena Merryweather
She is an extremely beautiful and shapely woman with black hair and large, dark eyes. Sansa Stark considers her a sultry black-eyed beauty. Ser Jaime Lannister cannot help but notice the way she moves her hips as she walks, he thinks her every step is a seduction.
A Storm of Swords
Taena accompanies her husband to King's Landing when Margaery Tyrell is betrothed to King Joffrey I. She dances with several lords at the wedding feast of Sansa Stark. Lady Taena is called as a witness for the prosecution in the trial of Tyrion Lannister for the death of King Joffrey I. She testifies that she saw Tyrion drop something into the wedding chalice.
A Feast for Crows
Taena attends the funeral of Lord Tywin Lannister. There she catches the eye of Queen Cersei. She approaches Cersei during the wedding of Tommen I and Margaery Tyrell, confiding in Cersei and attempting to get into her good graces. She reveals that Cersei's maid Senelle is spying on her for Margaery Tyrell. Taena allies herself with Cersei, feeding Cersei information and sharing her bed on occasion.
After Cersei's imprisonment by the Faith of the Seven, Taena and her husband abandon Cersei and flee back to Longtable. Cersei is relieved to learn of the Merryweathers' departure from Qyburn, since Taena is privy to much incriminating information, which could be used against her by her accusers of the newly zealous and militant Faith. Cersei assumes she need not fear that her former bedmaid and confidant would betray her under interrogation or torture.
References and Notes
- ↑ See the Taena Merryweather calculation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.