From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
© Fantasy Flight Games
|Died||In 299AL, at Fist of the First Men|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (Appears)|
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
Appearance and Character
A Clash of Kings
According to Jon Snow, Thoren used to be a henchman of Alliser Thorne. Following the death of acting First Ranger Jaremy Rykker, command of the rangers falls to Thoren. He attempts to convince Lord Commander Jeor Mormont that he should command the upcoming ranging mission, not Jeor himself. He is rebuffed by Mormont.
Thoren is one of the senior officers during the Great Ranging beyond the Wall, commanding the rangers. In the column, he commands the vanguard. Thoren is one of the officers in the meeting with Lord Commander Mormont at the Fist of the First Men, where it was decided to send small scouting groups into the Frostfangs to seek out the wildling camp. His name came up by Qhorin Halfhand as possible leaders for one of the scouting groups.
A Storm of Swords
Thoren leads one of the search parties looking for the wildling host, finding them along the Milkwater in the Frostfangs. As commander of the rangers, Thoren tries to convince his brothers that the best strategy is to attack the wildlings.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 6, Jon.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 23, Jon.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 13, Jon.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Prologue.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 18, Samwell.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon.