The Torentine or Torrentine is a river in Dorne which flows south from the western Red Mountains to the Summer Sea.
The castles of Blackmont, High Hermitage, and Starfall are located on the Torentine. It is formed by the confluence of two rivers near Blackmont. It is a fast river which passes through a series of rapids, waterfalls, canyons, and crevasses.
The founder of House Dayne is said to have raised Starfall on an island at the river's mouth, having tracked a falling star there. The Daynes ruled as Kings of the Torrentine from the days of the First Men until the defeat of King Vorian Dayne in Nymeria's War.
There were reports that Rhaena Targaryen and her dragon, Dreamfyre, were seen as far south as the Red Mountains and the canyons of the Torrentine during her search for the missing Aerea Targaryen.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 35, Samwell IV.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Kingdoms of the First Men.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Coming of the Rhoynar.