art by Tiziano Baracchi, © Fantasy Flight Games
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (mentioned)|
A Clash of Kings (appears)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Vyman is old, with lined and wrinkled hands.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
Vyman prepares the map depicting the borders of the riverlands claimed by Robb Stark, King in the North and King of the Trident. He treats the wounds of Delp after Lannister agents try to free Ser Jaime Lannister. Hoster's daughter, Lady Catelyn Stark, has Vyman send a raven to Ashemark after Riverrun learns of the fall of Storm's End to Stannis Baratheon.
A Storm of Swords
Vyman informs Catelyn, who has been detained for having released Jaime, that Lord Tywin Lannister left the riverlands after the Battle of the Fords, and that her son Robb was wounded during the storming of the Crag. Despite Vyman's best efforts, Lord Hoster passes away.
A Feast for Crows
Jaime resolves the siege of Riverrun. After the castle passes from House Tully to House Frey of Riverrun, Vyman remains in service to its new lord, Emmon Frey. When a message comes to Riverrun from King's Landing, Vyman accidentally reads its contents, which happened to be Queen Cersei Lannister declaring her love for her brother, Jaime. He brings the message to Jaime and tells him that the Citadel has declared that winter has come.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 55, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 20, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.