In 212 AC, Some Blackfyre supporters lead by Lord Peake and the Black Dragon's eldest son tried to take profit of this instability and ignite a Second Blackfyre Rebellion, but it was cut short by Bloodraven at its very onset.
Young Lord Tybolt Lannister died, leaving his three-year old only daughter as Lady of the Rock and his brother Gerold Lannister as regent. Across the Narrow Sea, Bittersteel founded the Golden Company.
The events described in The Mystery Knight take place in 212 AC.
- A four-year old Walder Frey discovers his sister having sex, and alarms the entire castle.
- Lord Ambrose Butterwell marries a second wife, an unnamed daughter of Lord Frey, the sister of Walder Frey.
- The Whitewalls Tourney is held to celebrate the marriage of Lord Ambrose Butterwell and his Frey bride.
- The Second Blackfyre Rebellion begins and is ended.
- Daemon II Blackfyre, the second Blackfyre Pretender, is arrested and begins his captivity at the court of King Aerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Brynden Rivers gives the order to run Whitewalls to the ground.
- Gormon Peake, Lord of Starpike, executed by the orders of the Hand of the King, Lord Brynden Rivers.
- Black Tommard Heddle, slain by Ser Duncan the Tall.
- Lord Tybolt Lannister dies.