Game of Thrones (soundtrack)
|Game of Thrones|
|soundtrack album by Ramin Djawadi|
|Length||66 minutes 0 seconds|
Game of Thrones is the soundtrack album for the first season of the eponymous fantasy TV show by the U.S. cable channel HBO. The album was composed by the German composer Ramin Djawadi and published by Varèse Sarabande in June 2011.
The music is instrumental and features one major theme, the Main Title, which accompanies the show's opening credits.
Production and release
The soundtrack to Game of Thrones was originally slated to be composed by Stephen Warbeck. On 2 February 2011, only ten weeks prior to the show's premiere, it was reported that Warbeck had left the project and Ramin Djawadi had been commissioned to write the music instead.
Richard Buxton of Tracksounds wrote an ambivalent review, calling the album a "valiant effort" and Djawadi's "most consistently satisfying work to date", but criticized the main theme as falling short of the expectations raised by the opening credits' animated sequence, and the score as a whole as "never quite reaching what it could have been".
The main theme has inspired "countless" tributes and cover versions, according to TV.com. These include a violin version by Jason Yang, a metal version by Roger Lima, and a bleeping "8-bit" remix in the style of early video game music.
All music composed by Ramin Djawadi
|2||North of the Wall||3:48|
|5||The King's Arrival||3:34|
|6||Love in the Eyes||4:00|
|7||A Raven from King's Landing||1:16|
|9||Things I do for Love||1:52|
|10||A Golden Crown||1:38|
|11||Winter Is Coming||2:41|
|12||A Bird Without Feathers||2:01|
|13||Await the King's Justice||2:00|
|14||You'll Be Queen One Day||1:35|
|15||The Assassin's Dagger||1:19|
|16||To Vaes Dothrak||1:28|
|18||Black of Hair||1:40|
|19||You Win Or You Die||1:57|
|20||Small Pack of Wolves||1:57|
|21||Game of Thrones||1:18|
|22||Kill Them All||2:35|
|23||The Pointy End||3:17|
|24||Victory Does Not Make Us Conquerors||1:36|
|25||When the Sun Rises in The West||2:40|
|26||King of the North||1:28|
|27||The Night's Watch||1:44|
|28||Fire and Blood||4:30|
|Total Length||66 min|
- Ryan, Maureen, 'Game of Thrones' Changes Its Tune, Hires New Composer, accessed 20 July 2011[[w:TV Squad|]], 2 February 2011
- Buxton, Richard,Game of Thrones by Ramin Djawadiaccessed 20 July 2011[[w:Tracksounds|]]
- Abramovitch, Seth, Emmys 2011: The Forgotten Categories, accessed 20 July 2011,[[w:TV.com|]]| 14 July 2011
- Dooling, Annemarie, "Game of Thrones" Gets A Violin Cover|url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/game-of-thrones-gets-a-vi_n_891635.html, accessed 20 July 2011, [[w:Huffington Post|]], 6 July 2011
- Bricken, Rob, Game of Thrones Opening - Metal Edition, accessed 9 March 2012,[[w:Topless Robot|]]
- Harrison, Josh, 'Game of Thrones' Theme, 8-Bit Styleaccessed 20 July 2011, [[w:Ology|]] 18 June 2011}}
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Game of Thrones (soundtrack). The list of authors can be seen in the page history of Game of Thrones (soundtrack). As with A Wiki of Ice and Fire, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.