Game of Thrones - Season 7
|Game of Thrones - Season 7|
|# of episodes||7|
|Original run||Summer 2017 – TBA|
|List of Game of Thrones episodes|
Alan Taylor, Jeremy Podeswa, Mark Mylod and Matt Shakman have been announced as directors for the seventh season, which is expected to have fewer episodes than the previous seasons did, as showrunner David Benioff has stated "I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after [season six]"'. No exact episode numbers have yet been confired.
We don't have an air date yet but this year will probably be a little bit later. We're starting a bit later because you know, the end of this season, winter is here and that means that sunny weather doesn't really serve our purposes anymore. So we kind of pushed everything down the line, so we could get some grim, gray weather even in the sunnier places that we shoot.
In July, 2016, HBO officially announced a summer-air date for Game of Thrones, as well confirmed that the season will have seven episodes. They thereby emphasize the role the weather plays in the filming schedule.
No episode numbers have been confirmed for season 8 as of yet.
- Deadline, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Picked Up For Season 7, ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Also Renewed By HBO (April 21, 2016)
- Game of Thrones season 7 directors revealed
- 'Game of Thrones' May Only Have 13 Episodes Left After Season Six
- UFC Unfiltered: Miesha Tate and GOT Creators (July 5, 2016)
- Game of Thrones: HBO announces summer return, 7 episodes