depiction © Mustamirri
Brotherhood Without Banners
A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
A Feast for Crows (Appears)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
A Game of Thrones
Harwin is among the guardsmen who accompany Lord Eddard when he travels south to assume the office of Hand of the King to Robert I. Like the rest of the Stark household, Harwin does nothing to prevent Sandor Clegane from killing the butcher son Mycah. Arya Stark, remembering how Harwin always speaks so boldly, resents him over his inaction.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Harwin is encountered by Arya Stark in the Riverlands, having joined the Brotherhood Without Banners. There he tells her what came of the men that Lord Eddard sent into the Riverlands with Lord Beric Dondarrion. He reveals there are only six of the twenty guardsmen from Winterfell remaining, but they are scattered.
A Feast for Crows
Harwin is listed as being part of Lady Stoneheart's band of outlaws.
References and Notes
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 12, Eddard II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard XV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 21, Bran III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 13, Arya II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix