|House Banefort of Banefort|
|Coat of arms|| A black hooded man, on a grey field, within a fiery tressure|
(Cendrée, a hooded man sable within a tressure rayonné along the outer edge gules)
|Current Lord||Quenten Banefort|
|Title||Lord of Banefort|
The Baneforts were petty First Men kings of the Age of Heroes, claiming descent from the Hooded Man. The last Hooded King was Morgon Banefort, whose thralls were defeated after twenty years of war by Loreon I Lannister, King of the Rock.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Banefort at the end of the third century
The known Baneforts during the time span of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Quenten Banefort, Lord of Banefort.
- The Hooded Man, the legendary founder of House Banefort.
- King Morgon Banefort, the Hooded King who was embroiled in a twenty-year-long war with King Loreon I Lannister.
Behind the Scenes
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire,The Westerlands.
- ↑ georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ The Citadel: Are there any nods to other works in the series?