House Bar Emmon
|House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point|
|Coat of arms||Fretty argent and white, a swordfish embowed haurient azure|
|Head||Duram Bar Emmon|
|Title||Lord of Sharp Point|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of Dragonstone|
Prior to the War of Conquest, House Bar Emmon was sworn to House Durrandon of Storm's End but had closer ties to House Targaryen of nearby Dragonstone. When Aegon the Conqueror launched his invasion of Westeros, the Bar Emmons supported him instead of the Storm King, Argilac the Arrogant. With the creation of the Crownlands after the Conquest, the Bar Emmons became sworn to the Targaryens of Aegon's new capital, King's Landing, instead of House Baratheon of Storm's End, who had replaced the Durrandons.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
House Bar Emmon at the end of the third century
The known Bar Emmons during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Historical Bar Emmons
- Togarion Bar Emmon, called Togarion the Terrible, who drove the stormlanders from Stonedance, built Sharp Point and established a kingdom on Massey's Hook with the son of Josua Massey as a puppet king.
References and Notes
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- Citadel. Heraldry: In the area of the King's Landing
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Conquest.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.