From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Revision as of 15:24, 19 April 2012 by The_calcium_kid
|House Caswell of Bitterbridge|
|Coat of arms||Argent, a centaur with bow or|
|Current Lord||Lorent Caswell|
|Title|| Lord of Bitterbridge|
Defender of the Fords
The Caswell House at the end of the third century
The known Caswells during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lorent Caswell, Lord of Bitterbridge.
- His two daughters.
References in the books
Dunk and Egg
- Cleyton Caswell is one of the suitors for Lady Rohanne Webber's hand.
- Lord Joffrey Caswell was the Lord of Bitterbridge during the reign of Aerys I.
- Ser Kyle was once sworn to Lord Joffrey's father when he was younger.
- Ser Kyle claimed to have saved the life of Lord Armond Caswell during the Blackfyre Rebellion.
- House Caswell fought for the Targaryens during the Blackfyre Rebellion.
- Lord Joffrey faced Ser Kyle in the Whitewalls Tourney. Lord Joffrey unhorsed Ser Kyle in the first tilt.
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Bitterbridge lies where the roseroad meets the river Mander.
- Renly's host encamps beneath the walls of Bitterbridge, which is where Lady Catelyn Tully meets him.
- Lord Caswell is a wispy, young man.
- Lord Caswell has two daughters.
- House Caswell declared for Renly in the War of the Five Kings.
- After Renly's death, Lord Caswell shut himself up within Bitterbridge.
- Lord Commander Orbert Caswell served as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch for nine years.
- Brienne of Tarth encounters two guards at the gates of Maidenpool wearing the livery of House Caswell.
References and Notes