Tyrion Lannister is the third and youngest child of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock and his wife Lady Joanna. Tyrion is an ugly and misshapen dwarf, and because of this he is sometimes mockingly called the Imp and the Halfman. Despite his deformation and the social stigma that comes with it, Tyrion's wit and intelligence prove to be great assets to the Lannister cause. However, a difficult relationship with his father, as well as with his sister Queen Cersei, prove central obstacles to him and his ambitions. Thanks to the War of the Five Kings, Tyrion rises high, acting as Hand of the King to King Joffrey, but he reaches his zenith at the Battle of the Blackwater where he suffers a nearly mortal wound that leaves him disfigured and pushed out of power.
Tyrion is one of the most distinctive and predominant POVs in the series, often cited by George R.R. Martin as his favorite character. Read more
Did you know...
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 19, Arya.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ So Speak Martin:Ibben and Armor, November 09, 2002
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 40, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn, Page 419.
About the Wiki
Nine sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.