From A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones
Robert's Rebellion, also known as the War of the Usurper, was a rebellion against House Targaryen, instigated by the disappearance of Lyanna Stark. Her brother Brandon heard that she had been kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, and went to King's Landing to demand her return. He was arrested, and executed along with his father and their traveling companions on the orders of King Aerys II. Aerys then commanded Jon Arryn to send him the heads of his two wards, Robert Baratheon, Lyanna's betrothed, and Eddard Stark, Brandon's younger brother, and now the Lord of Winterfell. Jon Arryn refused, and raised his banners instead.
This led to a war which lasted close to a year. The result was the end of the Targaryen dynasty, and the beginning of Robert Baratheon's reign. The war included several major battles, including the Battle of the Bells, the Battle of the Trident, and the Sack of King's Landing. Read more....
Did you know...
- Prince Aemon the Dragonknight was held captive in a crow cage, located above a pit filled with vipers, after the Dornish rebels managed to defeat and kill King Daeron I?
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion III.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 So Speak Martin: Amazon Omniblog Interview, Answering Amazon Facebook fans
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 57, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire.
About the Wiki
Nine sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.