Tyrion Lannister is the third and youngest child of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock and his wife Lady Joanna. Tyrion is an ugly and misshapen dwarf, and because of this he is sometimes mockingly called the Imp and the Halfman. Despite his deformation and the social stigma that comes with it, Tyrion's wit and intelligence prove to be great assets to the Lannister cause. However, a difficult relationship with his father, as well as with his sister Queen Cersei, prove central obstacles to him and his ambitions. Thanks to the War of the Five Kings, Tyrion rises high, acting as Hand of the King to King Joffrey, but he reaches his zenith at the Battle of the Blackwater where he suffers a nearly mortal wound that leaves him disfigured and pushed out of power.
Tyrion is one of the most distinctive and predominant POVs in the series, often cited by George R.R. Martin as his favorite character. Read more
- "Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out." – Dolorous Edd 
- "Winter is Coming." – The words of House Stark
- “Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.” – Oath of the Night’s Watch 
Did you know...
- Princess Rhaenys Targaryen named her little black kitten Balerion?
- The dwarf woman, Penny, and her brother Oppo make their living as entertainers who ride atop a pig (Pretty Pig) and a dog (Crunch) while mock fighting each other as Groat and Penny after the two smallest coins.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 33, Samwell II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 68, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard XV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 40, Tyrion IX.
About the Wiki
Nine sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.