Ser Robar Royce - by Chris Dien. © Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias||Robar the Red|
|Born||In Around 277 AC, at Runestone|
|Died||In 299 AC, at Near Storm's End|
A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Appears)
A Storm of Swords (Mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
- See also: Images of Robar Royce
A Game of Thrones
Ser Robar attends the Tourney of the Hand in King's Landing with his father, Lord Yohn and his elder brother, Ser Andar. The Royces wear steel armor with bronze runes. He defeats Lothor Brune and is defeated in turn by Ser Loras Tyrell.
A Clash of Kings
As a second son Robar has to make his own name, so he decides to support Renly's claim to the throne. Renly appoints him to his Rainbow Guard as Robar the Red. When Catelyn Stark attends the feast near Bitterbridge, Lord Bryce the Orange goads him into juggling daggers. On the eve of the battle between the brothers Renly I and Stannis I, he escorts Catelyn from Renly's camp to the sept and back.
Seconds after the murder of Renly, Robar the Red and Emmon the Yellow burst into the tent and find Renly's dead body in the arms of Brienne the Blue. They both think that Brienne has killed Renly, and Ser Emmon and others attack her. Catelyn, who has seen the murder, is able to convince Ser Robar that Brienne is innocent. Robar tells Catelyn to take Brienne away and holds the attackers at bay. Catelyn and Brienne depart. Ser Loras Tyrell later kills Ser Robar and Ser Emmon Cuy in a red rage for their "failure" to protect the king.
A Storm of Swords
References and Notes
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, "Robar Royce".
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 36, Tyrion VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.