Tourney on Prince Joffrey's name day
The Tourney for Prince Joffrey's 12th Name Day was held in King's Landing to celebrate the 12th name day of Crown Prince Joffrey Baratheon. It is mostly notable for being the tourney in which Loras Tyrell unhorsed Jaime Lannister. Half the court had bet on the match, including Petyr Baelish. The winner of the bet, Robert Baratheon, claimed Petyr's Valyrian steel dagger with a dragonbone hilt. (Which was later stolen by Joffrey to be used in the failed assassination of Bran Stark.) Petyr claimed that the dagger's winner had been Tyrion Lannister, but in truth Tyrion had bet on his brother and lost.
- 32pxChampion: Loras Tyrell
- 32px32pxLoras Tyrell defeated Jaime Lannister
- 32px32pxLoras Tyrell defeated Hosteen Frey
- 32pxA hedge knight defeated Danwell Frey
- 32pxLord Yohn Royce defeated Thoros of Myr.
- 32pxA couple of Lord Walder Frey's bastards rode in the melee.
- Ser Davos Seaworth, Lord Stannis Baratheon, King Robert I, Lord Tywin Lannister. Lord Walder Frey, Ser Perwyn Frey, Lord Jon Arryn.