Template: Did you know
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- ... that according to George R. R. Martin, the lands beyond the Wall are probably larger than Greenland? The terrain closer to the Wall is reminiscent of forested Canada, while the Arctic lands further north have tundra and ice fields.
- ... that the ancient books of Asshai prophesy the return of Azor Ahai following a long summer marked by bleeding stars?
- ... that House Manderly originates from the Reach?
- George R.R. Martin Talks Season Two, 'The Winds of Winter,' and Real-World Influences for 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (March 26, 2012)
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.