|Father||Lord Yohn Royce|
Ser Andar Royce is a knight from House Royce and is the eldest son and heir of Yohn Royce, Lord of Runestone.
Appearance and Character
Ser Andar's silvered steel plate is filigreed in bronze with inscribed runes. Like those worn by his kin, the ancient runes are said to protect House Royce from harm.
Lady Anya Waynwood considers Andar and his brothers to be fine sons and well-raised.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Andar travels to King's Landing to participate in the Hand's tourney with his father, Lord Yohn, and his younger brother, Ser Robar Royce. During the jousts, Andar is easily defeated by Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard.
The Royces accompany King Robert I Baratheon on his hunt into the kingswood. After Robert dies from being gored by a boar, the Royces are among the nobles who King Joffrey I Baratheon insists must do homage to him or be named traitors.
A Clash of Kings
As the War of the Five Kings breaks out, Andar and his father remain in the Vale of Arryn in service to Lady Lysa Arryn.
Ser Andar is the eldest son and heir of Lord Yohn Royce of Runestone. He has two younger brothers, Ser Robar and Ser Waymar, as well as several sisters, including Lady Ysilla. Lord Royce also has several granddaughters, perhaps the daughters of Ser Andar.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Andar Royce.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 45, Eddard XII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.