Bay of Ice
The Bay of Ice is a large bay along the shores of northwestern Westeros. It is bordered by the Frozen Shore to the north, the foothills of the northern mountains to the east, the wolfswood and Sea Dragon Point to the south, and the Sunset Sea to the west. Bear Island sits within the bay. The eastern extremity of the Bay of Ice reaches the Gorge near the Wall.
Clansmen from House Wull live west of the northern mountains along the Bay of Ice and fish in its waters. According to a semi-canon source, the bay is also fished by the First Flints. Fishing sloops from Bear Island also sail in the bay.
The ironborn have historically raided the shores of the Bay of Ice, causing House Wull's animosity toward the Iron Islands. Ironborn have also historically fought northmen for control of Bear Island.
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
Fleeing the kingsmoot on Old Wyk, Asha returns to Deepwood with only four longships, including her own Black Wind, the Salty Wench of Quenton Greyjoy, and the ship of Tristifer Botley. Asha keeps two in the bay and beaches two on the strand by the wolfswood. Leading fighters hidden in fishing sloops, Alysane Mormont burns or captures Asha's ships, and Stannis Baratheon captures Asha in the fight by Deepwood Motte.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Bay of Ice.
- A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Beyond the Wall.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Mountain Clans.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Journeys.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.