|Born||In or before 285 AC|
|Died||In or after ~211 AC|
Benedict Royce was a member of the junior branch of House Royce that may or may not have become House Royce of the Gates of the Moon in 300 AC.[N 1]
Benedict was a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce. He was married to Jocelyn Stark and had three daughters. According to Catelyn Stark, one married a Waynwood, another a Corbray, and the third might have married a Templeton.
Behind the Scenes
In the first edition of The World of Ice & Fire, the Stark family tree lists Benedict Royce as Benedict Rogers. This was confirmed to be an error. In fact, according to Elio Garcia, co-author of The World of Ice & Fire, Martin mistakenly called Royce "Benedict Vance" in earlier notes. Although the mistake was corrected at the time, Royce was accidentally spelled Rogers later on.
- ↑ At this time, it is uncertain if Raymar Royce was an ancestor of Nestor Royce, or if "junior branch" refers to another branch of House Royce entirely.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See the Benedict Royce calculation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.
- ↑ Ran on TWOIAF and More Reddit AMA (October 28, 2014)