The Lightning LordThe Lord of Corpses
|Title||Lord of Blackhaven|
|Allegiance||Brotherhood Without Banners|
|Born||In +/- 276 AC|
|Died||In 300 AC (His seventh & final death), at the Riverlands|
|Book(s)||A Dance with Dragons|
|Played by||David Michael Scott|
|TV series||Season 1|
Beric Dondarrion is Lord of Blackhaven. He became the leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners after he was sent out to the Riverlands by Eddard Stark to bring the king's justice to Ser Gregor Clegane. He is almost twenty-two years old. He is betrothed to Lady Allyria Dayne.
He is handsome and has red-gold hair.
A Game of Thrones
He came to King's Landing to fight in the tourney celebrating Eddard Stark's appointment as Hand of the King. During the tournament he lost a horse in a tilt with a hedge knight and was unhorsed by Thoros of Myr shortly thereafter. After the conclusion of the tournament, he remained in King's Landing. This led him being appointed to lead an expedition to arrest Ser Gregor Clegane, who had been raiding the Riverlands after the capture of Tyrion Lannister. That led to the Battle at the Mummer's Ford, where he was killed for the first time by Gregor Clegane's lance and defended by his squire Edric Dayne.  By the time that Robb Stark and his allies were fighting the Lannister armies near the Trident, Beric's group was continually raiding the Lannisters' foraging parties., , , 
A Clash of Kings
Rumors have Beric as missing or perhaps dead.  He is still raiding the Lannister foraging parties and Ser Gregor Clegane's group is actively seeking him, as are Tywin Lannister's forces stationed at Harrenhal His group meets smallfolk plagued by the ravage of Lannister forces but does not trouble them, and attempts to pay for the food they take
A Storm of Swords
After being slain by Ser Gregor at the Mummer's Ford, he was resurrected by Thoros of Myr and became the leader of the outlaw band, the Brotherhood Without Banners. He was killed several more times, but was brought back to life each time, although each time he was brought back he came back with fewer memories of his life before the war. He was captured near the Gods Eye and hanged by Lannisters, but was cut down before he could die. He was slain by Ser Burton Crakehall, hung by Ser Amory Lorch at Rushing Falls. Ser Gregor put a dirk through his eye and Sandor Clegane killed him during his trial by battle. By the end Beric became a scarecrow of a man, his battered body bearing all the wounds of his previous deaths.
The Seven Deaths of Dondarrion
- Impaled on a lance by Ser Gregor Clegane, , 
- Smashed with a mace on the side of the head by Ser Burton Crakehall,
- Hanged at Rushing Falls by Ser Amory Lorch, 
- Stabbed in the eye with a dirk by Ser Gregor Clegane, 
- Killed by an archer of the Brave Companions sellsword company
- Killed by Sandor Clegane in a trial by combat
- Gave up his lifeforce to resurrect Catelyn Tully 
References and Notes
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 44, Sansa III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Clash of Kings, Prologue
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 19, Arya V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 26, Arya VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 42, Brienne VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya VII.