|Born||In 172–196 AC|
|Died||In 212–226 AC|
|Father||Lord Brandon Stark|
|Mother||Lady Alys Karstark|
|Spouse||Lady Lorra Royce|
Beron Stark was the Lord of Winterfell and the head of House Stark during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen.
Beron became Lord of Winterfell after his older brother, Rodwell, died without issue.
Lord Beron gathered swords to throw Lord Dagon Greyjoy's ironmen back into the sea and made common cause with the Lord of Casterly Rock for it. He was mortally wounded in the ensuing clash, and House Stark faced a crisis of succession as his wife and four other recent Stark widows made claims for their own children. Despite the crisis, his eldest son, Donnor, succeeded him as Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.
He is buried in the crypts of Winterfell.
Beron was the middle child of Lord Brandon Stark and Lady Alys Karstark. Beron had an older brother, Rodwell, and a younger sister, Arsa Stark, as well as an older bastard half-brother, Lonnel Snow. Lord Beron was married to Lady Lorra Royce, with whom he had seven children; Donnor, Willam, Artos, Berena, Alysanne, Errold and Rodrik Stark.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 See the Beron Stark calculation.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Boskone (Boston, MA; February 17-19) (February 17, 2006) - report 1
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Boskone (Boston, MA; February 17-19) (February 17, 2006) - report 2