Brandon Stark (father of Walton)
|Alias||Brandon the Boastful|
|Died||In 49 AC, Winterfell|
Brandon Stark, called Brandon the Boastful, was the Lord of Winterfell and the head of House Stark during the early reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
Brandon succeeded Roderick Stark as Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.
In 49 AC, Lord Brandon attended the wedding of Rogar Baratheon and Alyssa Velaryon in King's Landing with his sons Walton and Alaric, despite his ailing. They were accompanied by a dozen bannermen and thirty members of the Night's Watch. While there, Brandon spoke with the young king Jaehaerys I Targaryen, profoundly praising him by claiming "I see his grandsire in him."
Brandon died soon after returning to Winterfell, the northmen believing that the strenuous journey was too much for him. Brandon was succeeded as Lord of Winterfell by his eldest son Walton.
Brandon Stark was the father of Walton and Alaric, with both of his sons successively inherited their father's titles as Lords of Winterfell. His relation to his predecessor Lord Roderick Stark is unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- ↑ asoiaf.westeros.org: The Wiki-Timeline Project v2 – Comment by Ran (March 16, 2020)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 asoiaf.westeros.org: The Wiki-Timeline Project v2 – Comment by Ran (March 16, 2020)
- ↑ Edric Stark was a grandson of Alaric Stark. It is unknown by which of Alaric's two sons, however.