Cobbler's Square is an area of King's Landing east of the Gate of the Gods and northeast of Visenya's Hill. To the west of it is west barracks of the City Watch of King's Landing. Shepherd's Way runs estward of Cobbler's Square up to the Dragonpit. Presumably it is an area of craft.
During the Dance of the Dragons, the one-handed prophet known as the Shepherd made his first of many speeches against Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen and the dragons at the Cobbler's Square. The square became the point of ralliement for the Shepherd's followers (known as his "lambs"). Even some of House Velaryon's sworn swords joined the Shepherd's cause after the news of Lord Corlys Velaryon's imprisonment became public. At the high of his power, the Shepherd's lambs numbered as many as 10,000. Eventually, Ser Luthor Largent, the Commander of the City Watch, led five hundred gold cloaks to disperse the Shepherd's lambs. What ensued was a bloodbath, many died including Ser Luthor and the Captain of the Gate of the Gods.
A Clash of Kings
Tyrion Lannister sees a begging brother preaching on Cobbler's Square against him and his siblings.
A Storm of Swords
Jaime Lannister rides through Cobbler's Square along with Steelshanks Walton, Qyburn and two hundred Bolton men on his way to the Red Keep.
A Feast for Crows
When Jaime leaves King's Landing for the riverlands, he sees Sparrows gathering up in the square.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Map of King's Landing.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 20, Tyrion V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.