Diamond is a gemstone known for its hardness. It can appear in various colors, such as black and yellow.
Magister Illyrio Mopatis has diamonds among his various rings.
Black diamonds are among the gems adorning the nose of Xaro Xhoan Daxos.
Many women at court dazzled in pearls and diamonds during the era of King Aenys I Targaryen and his wife, Queen Alyssa Velaryon.
A Game of Thrones
After the death of King Robert I Baratheon, his heir, King Joffrey I Baratheon, wears a golden crown crusted with rubies and black diamonds. Joffrey's mother, Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, accompanies her black mourning gown with a veil of diamonds in her hair.
A Clash of Kings
King Renly Baratheon wears a swordbelt studded with jagged chunks of black diamond.
After the capture of Winterfell, Theon Greyjoy claims the title Prince of Winterfell and wears an iron crown with chunks of black diamond and nuggets of gold.
Cersei wears a necklace of diamonds and emeralds during the Battle of the Blackwater.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Jaime Lannister dons a golden chain studded with black diamonds for the feast at Darry.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 13, Tyrion II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 65, Arya V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.