Edd Tollett by Amok©
|Played by||Ben Crompton|
|TV series||Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5|
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Eddison Tollett
Dolorous Edd appears to have been born to a lesser branch of the House Tollet, as he speaks of being raised in a crude house such as the poorer of the smallfolk might have. He was a squire recruited to the Night's Watch by Yoren, who told him women couldn't resist a man in uniform, leaving out the Night's Watch vow of celibacy.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Once at Craster's Keep Edd is one of the few men that takes Samwell Tarly seriously when he tells the men he slew an Other with his dragonglass dagger. Edd, along with Dywen, makes Sam and Grenn tell Lord Commander Jeor Mormont the tale. After the death of the Lord Commander during the mutiny over food, Edd flees with Grenn, Giant and other loyalists back to the Wall.
A Dance with Dragons
Edd carries on his duties as the Lord Commander's steward. He is one of the men brought along as muscle to assist Lord Commander Jon Snow in escorting Janos Slynt out of Castle Black to carry out his duties as garrison commander of Greyguard. Edd and Iron Emmett escort Slynt outside for his execution.
Quotes by Eddison
The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do...
– Eddison, to Samwell Tarly
Eddison: I never win anything. The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?
Grenn: Was it a long fall? Did landing in the pool of water save his life?
Eddison: No. He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks.
– Eddison and Grenn
– Samwell Tarly and Eddison
References and Notes
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 13, Jon II.
- A Storm of Swords, Prologue.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 23, Jon III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 33, Samwell II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 79, Jon XII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 5, Samwell I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon XII.