|Alias(es)||Garlan the Gallant|
|Title(s)||Lord of Brightwater Keep|
|Allegiance||House Tyrell of Brightwater Keep|
|Born||In 277 AC|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Leonette Fossoway|
A Feast for Crows|
|Personal arms||Two golden roses on green|
Lord Garlan Tyrell, better known as Garlan the Gallant, is the second son of Lord Mace Tyrell and Lady Alerie Hightower. His personal coat of arms is two golden roses on green, to denote his status as second son.
Appearance and Character
Garlan is a taller, bearded version of his brother Ser Loras Tyrell. He is five years older than Ser Loras. He is an exceptionally skilled swordsman, usually training against three or four swordsmen, practice for actual battle, but his lack of interest in gaining glory makes him less famous than his younger brother, Ser Loras.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Garlan took part in the Battle of the Blackwater, playing the part of Renly Baratheon by dressing in his armor, to scare the ignorant men-at-arms among Stannis Baratheon's army. He slew Ser Guyard Morrigen in single combat. He was raised to Lord of Brightwater Keep after the battle.
A Storm of Swords
Ser Garlan said kind words to Tyrion Lannister during the wedding of Margaery Tyrell and King Joffrey I while attending the nuptials with his wife, Leonette Fossoway. Garlan said Tyrion was "made to do great deeds" and noted Tyrion's ideas were that which saved King's Landing from Stannis Baratheon's forces.
A Feast for Crows
References and Notes
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa
- The Citadel: Heraldry - Personal Arms
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 67, Tyrion XV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.