The Goldroad or gold road is a major road in southern Westeros. Beginning at the Lion Gate of King's Landing in the crownlands, it extends west along the Blackwater Rush and then through through a portion of the northern Reach. The castle of Deep Den guards the Goldroad as it passes through the hills of the westerlands. The road ends at Lannisport and Casterly Rock, seat of House Lannister.
A Game of Thrones
A Storm of Swords
Brynden Tully tells his nephew, Ser Edmure Tully, that Brynden and Robb Stark, King in the North, had wanted to fortify a position on the gold road against Lord Tywin Lannister. Edmure's defeat of Tywin in the Battle of the Fords nullified their plan, however.
A Dance with Dragons
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Goldroad.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Conquest.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- A Game of Thrones, Map of the South
- The Lands of Ice and Fire
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 45, Eddard XII.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Journeys map - Jaime Lannister.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Journeys map - Kevan Lannister.